Aftercare & Services
Cox Motor Group have the latest technology for diamond cutting alloy wheels. Our diamond cut process uses technology from the aerospace industry to measure with the highest accuracy and precision. A diamond cut finish is increasingly popular nowadays.
Unfortunately, accidents do happen, and scuffed and kerbed alloy wheels are an all too common occurrence. We are able to make your alloys wheels look brand new again, whilst also helping to prevent the risk of further damage from exposure to the weather.
You can recognise a diamond cut finish by looking for a shiny, bare metal effect on the wheel, often in combination with a painted colour surface. Diamond cutting is sometimes referred to as diamond polishing as the process produces a highly polished metal effect.
The diamond cut finish is achieved by first painting the wheel with the desired colour then using a lathe with a diamond tipped cutter (hence the term) to remove a wafer thin layer of alloy from the face of the wheel. We can handle wheels up to 24" size.
1. You might have bought a new car and want it to look its best.
2. You might have an old car you want to bring up to scratch.
3. Flaking paintwork on your wheels might be causing problems with tyre pressure.
4. Your car may have failed its MOT due to a crack or flat spots.
5. You might be trying to add value before selling your car.
6. You might have a lease car you want to return in good condition to avoid charges.
1. We remove the tyre, valve and any weights.
2. The alloy wheel is placed in our CNC alloy wheel repair lathe. A small part of the actual alloy is machined off to leave a shiny alloy finish.
3. The wheel is then fully inspected.
4. The tyre is refitted to the wheel then fitted back to the vehicle.
We have a brand new CNC alloy wheel repair lathe that will repair wheels up to 24”, also an alloy wheel straightening machine. We can diamond cut repair any wheel that has been diamond cut before from the manufacturer, also repair normal painted alloys, or even do some custom tinting to the diamond cut on the wheels. Start to finish we aim to have a retail set of wheels turned round in less than 24 hours.
Please contact us for our latest terms & conditions.